Monday, May 11, 2009

THERE IS A PLACE


THERE IS A PLACE …
Saying good bye to my family, I left for studies
The luggage I had with me was loaded with
Daddy’s love and instructions
And Mother’s worried eyes.

My second brother said: ‘remember to write
If you spend all your money, you need not worry.
At home, I’ll try to work all day.
Up to the hills, down to the fields, so there will be odd money’

My third sister said:” Spend less time hanging around
Remember to wear warm clothes when winter comes
This warm jacket is from our mother.
And me, for I did help her to sew it.

’’ Of all the sisters, sister Four understands me the best
From fashion, hobbies, to meanings of smiles
That hat which she has just bought was still new
‘Please wear this hat when you miss me.

’ My nephew sputtered some sentences
‘How long will you be away?
This season, there are many fish on our field.
Please come back and fish with me’.

There was a person who said no words.
He only hid his tears inside his eyes.
The wind in the end of autumn seemed colder.
‘Please miss me!’ The wind whispered…

Sometimes, I still look at it,
The family photograph which is getting very old.
My hometown, where I grew up, was peaceful and warm
There live my father and mother, my brothers and sisters

This afternoon, when I was listening to a country song
Nostalgy overflowed inside me.
Home, where I grew up, was peaceful and warm.
Home…’ I whispered.
Thu Duc Nov 2006


CÓ MỘT NƠI…
Thủ Đức 24/11/2006

Bài thơ này lấy cảm xúc từ lần về thăm nhà chị Minh The


Tạm biệt quê hương con lên đường
Hành trang mang nặng là tình thương
Là lời dặn dò của ông bố
Ánh mắt mẹ hiền cứ vấn vương

Anh hai thì bảo nhớ viết thư
Nếu tiền lỡ hết chớ suy tư
ở nhà anh hai sẽ cố gắng
Lên nương xuống ruộng chắc tiền dư.

Chị ba thì bảo bớt đi rông
Nhớ mặc áo ấm lúc mùa đông
Áo này mẹ may trong vội vã
Thắc chỉ xe tơ chị có công

Hiều em nhiều nhất là chị tư
Ánh mắt thời trang lẫn nụ cười
Chiếc mũ mới mua còn nguyên mác
“Hãy đội mũ này để nhớ Tư”

Thằng cháu bập bẽ được mấy câu
‘Cô út đi học trong bao lâu
quê mình mùa này ruộng lắm cá
Cô út nhớ về cùng đi câu”.

Còn có một người chẳng nói chi
Chỉ dấu nước mắt trên bề mi
Cơn gió cuối mùa se se lạnh
Hãy nhớ nghe em!” gió thầm thì

Thỉnh thoảng ta vẫn lấy ra xem
Tấm ảnh quê hương đã cũ mèm
Nơi ấy bình yên và ấm áp
Có ba có mẹ có anh em

Chiều nay nghe điệu lý quê hương
Trong lòng gợn sóng trào nhớ thương
Nơi ấy bình yên và ấm áp
Thì thầm ta gọi “ơi quê hương

No comments:

Post a Comment