Monday, May 11, 2009

Don't give up


Don’t give up!

What will you do when you have challenges? Will you give up your wish or not? Before you answer this question, I want to tell you about a story that I heard when I was in high school. In the prehistoric period when science had not developed, people’s knowledge about the sun and the moon were still limited. There was a scientist with his own thinking and research who said ‘the earth goes around the sun’. In that time, some people who were leaders of his country denied that idea. Those leaders said that the sun runs around the earth. Because they had a lot of power, they would kill anyone who did not follow them. However, the scientist still debated with them about the earth running around the sun. So, he was accused and put into prison to wait for the sentence of death. While the scientist was in prison, many people recommended that he give up his thinking and accept that the sun goes around the earth and he would be absolved. But at the last minute before went to death, he still said: ‘anyway, the earth still goes around the sun’.
Have you ever gotten into a situation like this? Did you try to protect the truth or not? It is very difficult to keep your thinking while a lot of people around you don’t support you, don’t believe you even though what you do, what you think, and what you say are true. So what will you do?
In my life, up to now, sometimes I get some troubles from some situations like that story and sometimes I want to give up my thinking or my ideas. But when remembering the sentence “anyway, the earth still goes around the sun”, I feel more confident to work for the universal truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment