Monday, May 11, 2009

Cactus


Cactus
An Giang 1/2008
Among desolate deserts
Full of barren, burned sun and wind
Still proudly stand
Those cactus trees.

Though life is severe
With tenacious vitality
Cacti continue to bloom
Adorning our lives.


Xương rồng
Giữa xa mạc hoang vu
Đầy khô cằn nắng gió
Vẫn hiên ngang đứng đó
Là những cây xương rồng.

Dù môi trường khắc nghiệt
Với sức sống mãnh liệt
Xương rồng vẫn nở hoa
Điểm tô cho cuộc sống.
An Giang 1/2008



The volunteer Family,
From Aug 18 2007 to Jan 2008, it was so lucky for me because this was the first time I had a chance to learn English with many foreigners. They were good, lovely Thai friends. Especailly I going to remember forever great American volunteer teachers whose their lives were simple but great in my mind.

First of all, I would like to talk something about Thai friends. They are very friendly and kind. They often cooked Thai food and taught some good Thai song for Vietnamese friends. I am going to remember forever some lovely words that Thai friends usually said: mot ngan, hai ngan... I will not forget about LOICATONG and some nice dances that Thai fellows showed me. That was the first time, I really enjoyed friendship with Thai fellows. I had one roommate. She was Thip, who has got scholarship like my scholarship from FORD Foundation. She is older than me. She usually shared her experience with me and helped me study.She studied very hard. Everyday, when I asked her: " what are you doing?". She always answered: "self-study". Thip, I will miss you with your self study

Next, I want to talk about my volunteer teachers. I am happy and proud to talk about them. They were Phill and Jenna, a young and good volunteer teacher couple with two lovely children , Kala and Aben. The picture that was about Teacher Jenna took two children to school by a bicycle every early morning and late afternoon will be always one of the most impressive pictures in my mind. How can I forget Teacher Phill who always taught hard even though when he got sore throat. Why they had to live with a simple life and do with a hard job to help students while they could get a good job with a high salary? Simply, because they were volunteers, because they were Phill and Jenna. I have really admired them who were simple but great.

I will make a big mistake if I don't remember about the young volunteer teacher, Lilian. She was lovely , friendly and good teacher. Lilian, I miss your voice, your song and pronunciation class. I hope I can see you again in some where in some days.

In this page, I also want to thank you so much for Teachers and friends in An Giang University. Your kindness has helped Fellows' life become happier.
Best wish to all of you.
Giang

No comments:

Post a Comment